Mr Nagmani has submitted his doctoral thesis on "Diverse Precursor Based Hard Carbon Anode for Sodium-ion and Potassium-ion Batteries" at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur under the supervision of Dr Sreeraj Puravankara
Currently, he is working at International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad as Postdoctoral Research Associate to scale up sodium-ion and lithium-ion batteries.
1. MHRD Fellowship (2018-2022) for Ph.D. at IIT Kharagpur (QS Ranking-280): Joined
2. Indian Academy of Sciences, Summer Research fellowship (2014).
3. Chinese Government Scholarship for Ph.D. at Tsinghua University (QS Ranking-17): Offered but not joined:
1. Ph.D. (Diverse Precursor Based Hard Carbon Anode for Sodium-ion Batteries and Potassium-ion Batteries) from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal (2018-2023).
2. Integrated five-year Master of Technology (B.Tech + M.Tech) in Energy Engineering from Central University of Jharkhand Ranchi, Jharkhand (Gold Medalist: 2011-2016).
3. Schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya Muzaffarpur (2011).
1. Postdoctoral Research Associate at Centre for Nanomaterials, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad from July 2023 to present.
2. Assistant Professor (on a contract basis) at the Department of Energy Engineering, Central University of Jharkhand Ranchi, Jharkhand from July 2016 to Dec 2017.
2. Project Trainee at Technical Physics Division, Thin Film Devices Section, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Mumbai, Maharashtra from June 2015 to May 2016.
Scientific Records (Peer-Reviewed International Journal):
1. Nagmani, S. Puravankara. Insights into the plateau capacity dependence on the rate performance and cycling stability of a Superior Hard Carbon Micro Sphere anode for Sodium-Ion Batteries. ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2020, 3, 10, 10045–10052.
2. Nagmani, D. Pravarthana, A Tyagi, T.C Jagadale, W. Prellier, D.K Aswal. Highly sensitive and selective H2S gas sensor based on TiO2 thin films. Appl. Surf. Sci. 2021, 549, 149281.
3. Nagmani, P. Verma, and S. Puravankara, Jute-Fiber Precursor-Derived Low-Cost Sustainable Hard Carbon with Varying Micro/Mesoporosity and Distinct Storage Mechanisms for Sodium-Ion and Potassium-Ion Batteries. Langmuir 2022, 38, 50, 15703–15713.
4. Nagmani, A. Tyagi, S. Puravankara. Insights into the diverse precursor-based micro-spherical hard carbons as anode materials for sodium–ion, and potassium–ion batteries. Mater. Adv., 2022, 3, 810-836.
5. A. Tyagi, Nagmani, S. Puravankara. Opportunities in Na/K [hexacyanoferrate] frameworks for sustainable non-aqueous Na+/K+ batteries. Sustainable Energy Fuels, 2022, 6, 550-595.
6. Nagmani, A. Kumar, Sreeraj Puravankara. Optimizing ultramicroporous hard carbon spheres in carbonate ester-based electrolytes for enhanced sodium storage in half-/full-cell sodium-ion batteries. Battery Energy, 2022, 1(3), 2022007.
7. Nagmani, D. Pahari, P. Verma, S. Puravankara. Are Na-ion batteries nearing the energy storage tipping point?–Current status of non-aqueous, aqueous, and solid-state Na-ion battery technologies for sustainable energy storage. Journal of Energy Storage, 2022, 56, 105961.
8. Nagmani, D. Pahari, A. Tyagi, S. Puravankara. Lithium-Ion Battery Technologies for Electric Mobility – State-of-the-Art Scenario. ARAI Journal of Mobility Technology, 2022, 2(2), 233–248.
9. A. Kumar, Nagmani, S. Puravankara. Symmetric Sodium-ion Batteries – Materials, Mechanisms, and Prospects. Materials Today Energy, 2022, 101115.
10. Nagmani, B. K. Satpathy, A. K. Singh, D. Pradhan, S. Puravankara. Utilization of Single Biomass-derived Micro-Mesoporous Carbon for Dual-Carbon Symmetric and Hybrid Sodium-ion Capacitors. New J. Chem. 2023, 47, 12658-12669.
11. Nagmani, Prakhar Verma and Sreeraj Puravankara, Effect of Pore Morphology on the Enhanced Potassium Storage in Hard Carbon Derived from Polyvinyl Chloride for K-ion Batteries. Electrochim. Acta, 2023, 464, 142903.
12. Nagmani and Sreeraj Puravankara. Utilization of PET-derived Hard Carbon as a battery-type, higher plateau capacity Anode for Sodium-ion and Potassium-ion Batteries. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 2023.
13. Nagmani, D. Das and Sreeraj Puravankara. Role of Cyclopentyl methyl ether co-solvent in Improving SEI layer stability in Hard Carbon Anode for Sodium-ion Batteries. Submitted to Journal of Power Sources. Preprint available at ChemRxiv.
14. Nagmani, Sanchita Manna and Sreeraj Puravankara. Understanding of Storage Mechanism for High Capacity Micro-Spherical Hard Carbon Anode for Lithium, Sodium, and Potassium-ion Batteries: An Electrochemistry and Characterization Point of View. (under preparation)
15. B. K. Satpathy, Nagmani, A. K. Singh, D. Pradhan, S. Puravankara. Bayleaf-derived carbonaceous material: A potential electrode for sodium-ion batteries and supercapacitors applications. (under preparation)
Scientific Meetings (Symposium/Conference/Webinar):
1. 244th ECS Meeting, Gothenburg, Sweden, October 8-12, 2023. (Oral Presentation).
2. National Symposium on Electrochemical Science and Technology (NSEST), ARCI, Hyderabad, August 17-18, 2023. (Oral Presentation).
3. 2022 MRS Spring Meeting and Exhibit, Honolulu, Hawai'i, May 8-13 and May 23-25, 2022 (Virtual). (Oral and Poster Presentation).
4. National Conference on Energy Technology 2022 by IIT Madras, INAE Chennai, and ARCI Chennai/Hyderabad. (Oral Presentation).
5. The International Conference on Beyond Fossil Fuels: The Future of Alternative Energy Technologies 2022, IIT (BHU) Varanasi. (Oral Presentation).
6. 60th Solid State Physics Symposium 2015 by Department of Atomic Energy, India at Amity University, Noida. (Poster Presentation)
7. 2nd Global Energy Technology Summits 2015 by National Thermal Power Corporation, New Delhi, India, 2016. (Oral Presentation)
8. Novel Electrochemical Energy Devices for Storage (NEEDS-2020)” an International Webinar Series held from 17/08/2020 to 19/08/2020 organized by the Department of Analytical Chemistry & Department of Energy, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology- Madras & Abinnovus Consulting Private Limited-India.
9. Hands-on Training on Nanofabrications 2017, by Indian Nanoelectronics User Program (INUP) at Centre for Nano Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Other Activity Achievements:
1. National School Chess player: Played at School Games Federation of India (SGFI) level (2010-2011)
2. Consecutive five-time chess champion at Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) state level (2006-2010) and played at KVS National level [6th rank (2006) & 5th rank (2010)].
3. First rank in the under-17 and second rank in an under-19 district chess tournament.
4. Won Bronze Medal at IIT Kharagpur Interhall Cricket Championship 2020.
English, Hindi, and German
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +919709584593; +918210566119